Media Planner and Buyer
The Media Planner / Buyer is responsible for their assigned clients’ media needs with supervision from the Media Manager. This team member is expected to show strategic thinking in getting a client’s message in front of the right target audience.
- Work with Media Manager, digital buyer, and account managers to set client budgets and plans.
- Plan, negotiate, and buy traditional media for assigned agency clients.
- Assist Media Manager in various client and agency media projects and research.
- Present plans and media opportunities to clients or the account team.
- Evaluate vendor proposals.
- Explore and evaluate opportunities and developments in the media world.
- Project and estimate audience ratings.
- Steward schedules for placement upgrades, pre-emptions, makegoods, traffic, and delivery updates.
- Reconcile vendor invoices, negotiating credits and makegoods when necessary.
- Produce and reconcile post-buy analysis for broadcast television; negotiating and monitoring make-up schedules and their no-charge invoices.
- Learn and explore continuously in all media areas, including digital tactics to expand personal and team skills.
- Maintain fair and honest relationships with our media partners.
- Bachelor’s degree with interest in marketing or media advertising a plus.
- 3 – 4 years of experience with media in an advertising agency or related company.
- Exhibit strategic thinking and understanding of media trends.
- Ability to work well in a team environment and contribute to making the team stronger.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and keen organizational skills.
- Cognizant of deadlines and efficient time management.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and seamlessly move from one project to another.
- Display interest and enthusiasm for the position, company, and industry.
- Proactive ownership of responsibilities.
- Motivated to learn and advance.
- Computer proficiency, including Microsoft Office and experience in buying software.
- Entry-level digital media buying and strategy experience is a plus.
How To Apply
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.